Dosing & administration
The recommended dose in SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® is 5mcg tiotropium and 5mcg olodaterol given as two puffs from RESPIMAT® once daily, at the same time of the day.1
Patients with hepatic impairment
Patients with mild and moderate hepatic impairment can use SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® at the recommended dose.
There are no data available for use of olodaterol in patients with severe hepatic impairment.
Patients with renal impairment
Renally impaired patients can use SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® at the recommended dose.
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® use should be monitored closely in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance ≤ 50ml/min).
There is limited experience with the use of olodaterol in patients with severe renal impairment.
When you prescribe a single pack of SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT®,
your patients will receive:
- 1 RESPIMAT® inhaler
- 1 cartridge, containing 60 puffs (30 doses)
*Pack sizes may vary depending on your location.
Instructions for use1
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT®: Daily use
- Keep the cap closed.
- TURN the clear base in direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
- OPEN the cap until it snaps fully open.
- Breathe out slowly and fully.
- Close your lips around the mouthpiece without covering the air vents. Point your inhaler to the back of your throat.
- While taking a slow, deep breath through your mouth, PRESS the dose-release button and continue to breathe in slowly for as long as comfortable.
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds or for as long as comfortable.
- Repeat TURN, OPEN, PRESS for a total of 2 puffs.
- Close the cap until you use your inhaler again.
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT®: Prepare for first use
1Remove clear base
- Keep the cap closed
- Press the safety catch while firmly pulling off the clear base with your other hand.
- Insert the narrow end of the cartridge into the inhaler.
- Place the inhaler on a firm surface and push down firmly until it clicks into place.
- Do not remove the cartridge once it has been inserted into the inhaler.
3Replace clear base
- Put the clear base back into place until it clicks.
- Do not remove the clear base again.
- Keep the cap closed.
- Turn the clear base in the direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
- Open the cap until it snaps fully open.
- Point the inhaler toward the ground.
- Press the dose-release button.
- Close the cap.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until a cloud is visible.
- After a cloud is visible, repeat steps 4-6 three more times.
Your inhaler is now ready to use. These steps will not affect the number of doses available. After preparation, your inhaler will be able to deliver 60 puffs (30 doses).
- SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® Summary of Product Characteristics February 2017.