SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® demonstrates efficacy across major components of COPD, with the greatest improvement seen in GOLD 2 and maintenance naïve patients.*1-4 SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® significantly improves lung function compared to monotherapies and placebo.1,2
Goals of COPD treatment
Goals in the treatment of COPD should be based on individualised assessments, as outlined in the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Disease (GOLD) 2017 Strategy Report.5Read more >
Reduction in breathlessness
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® provided a 52% improvement in breathlessness vs SPIRIVA® in GOLD 2-3 patients, and has been shown to reduce need for rescue medication salbutamol vs patients treated with SPIRIVA®.2,6Read more >
Improved quality of life
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® provides significant improvements in quality of life vs SPIRIVA® and placebo in patients with moderate to severe COPD, with the greatest improvements in patients with GOLD B COPD.3Read more >
Efficacy by patient type
All COPD patients qualifying for COPD maintenance therapy can receive benefits from using SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT®.1,2,6Read more >
Lung function improvements
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® demonstrated consistent lung function improvements versus monotherapy and placebo. Lung function improvements can be observed within 5 minutes of the first dose, lasting at least 24 hours.1-5Read more >
Exacerbation risk reduction
COPD exacerbations were included as an additional endpoint in the pivotal 52-week trials with SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT®. While the studies were not specifically designed to evaluate the effect of the treatments on COPD exacerbations, there was a trend that SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® better reduced the risk of exacerbations than SPIRIVA®.1,6Read more >
Efficacy versus other therapies
SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® provided significant improvements in major clinical components of COPD over SPIRIVA®. SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® has also demonstrated improvements in lung function across 24 hours compared to a LABA/ICS (salmeterol/fluticasone).7Read more >
*without previous maintenance LAMA or LABA therapy
- Buhl R, et al. Eur Respir J. 2015;45:969-979.
- Singh D, Ferguson GT, Bolitschek J, et al. Respir Med. 2015;109:1312-1319.
- Singh D, et al. Respir Res. 2016;17:73.
- Ferguson GT, et al. Adv Ther 2015; 32:523-536; (Supplementary material).
- Gold COPD strategy report 2017. Available at: http://goldcopd.org/gold-2017-global-strategy-diagnosis-management-prevention-copd/ [Accessed August 2017].
- SPIOLTO® RESPIMAT® Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Beeh KM, et al. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2016;11:193-205.